Tuesday, November 07, 2006


Last Sunday was the same old schedule. Morning i had church and then afternoon was following Nic around…

Well, service was like a finale to Pastor’s preaching about giving to the building fund and everyone gave their pledges, including me. Ever since I learnt about His Word, I have been more generous in my giving, especially to people around me, even when it comes to birthday gifts. I have learnt not to give something that does not cost anything to me.

When I think it comes to giving to the church, we really need to give with a vision. I believe for most people, it is a test of faith. Sometimes I could feel myself struggle, especially when people start to criticise or question my actions. Just like my insurance agent who was questioning about my financial-planning… She felt that I was throwing in money into something that I could not see, and rebuking me for not loving myself enough to save all the tithings for myself. Well, we are living in the same world but of different worlds. God is my Jehovah Jireh and I live in the expectation that He will bless me exceedingly abundantly. I want to live as the one who blesses, not as one who only gets the blessings.

Some people seated in the hall were in tears, I guess because they really were giving their best, to the very last amount in their pockets and most importantly an amount that God spoke to them about. Well, if we don’t sow in tears, would we reap in joy as written in Psalm 23:5?

……………………………………………………………………………………….

One of the units I visited yesterday after service was on the 23rd floor of Mandarin Gardens and gosh, the view was breathtaking. The living room has a sea view and the bedrooms were facing the city. No wonder it was selling for such a high price. Years ago I was there for a BBQ and the place has not changed much. The maintenance was probably well done.

And then dinner was at Parkway Parade. There was nothing much there and the mall was crowded. I tend to avoid crowded places nowadays because it’s really “sian” to see so many people after 5 days of hustling and bustling city life. Saturday at VivoCity was a nightmare… It was our gathering to celebrate Boing’s birthday and we couldn’t find a single seat at the Food Republic. Finally we gave up and went over to harbourfront for dinner.

But we discover that the rooftop of Vivocity was fantastic. I shall go over again when the Vivocity craze has died down. Anyway dinner was great at THE ORANGE LANTERN, www.orange-lantern.com. I finally have a chance to taste the Vietnamese coffee. Vietnam is one of the places I want to visit. Hopefully, my leave in Dec will be approved. I need a break man…

1 comment:

c.y said...

This blog thing is really good! its good to be able to know whats going on in your life and how you are spending your weekend etc. SO write more :)
I heard Vivo city is nice! really near my place in Singapore too! Oh no i realise that January will be the last holiday i will be staying in Lorong sarhad! in future its not the same already! So strange!
Jiayuan