Monday, March 16, 2015

Tanjung Sepat - Melaka

  Made a trip to KL at the beginning of March 15 and spent a short time in this small town called Tanjong Sepat which is near to the coast of KL. How we managed to get there... without my friends in KL, I wouldn't know the existence of this quaint, lovely small town which houses a small Chinese community.

  It is easy to walk around or cycle around this small town. There is good food and amicable people everywhere. Seems like there are runs organised in this town as well.


I discovered real good coffee here!
This is the best coffee I have ever had in Malaysia and they actually take orders online and ship to overseas.
This is the coffee shop which serves Kwo Zha B coffee. We can contact the source of coffee online and order via email kwozhab_3coffee@hotmail.com.

There is also a lot of other stalls selling bak out teh and buns.

This used to be a seaside seafood restaurant that has closed down. We had expectations of a seaview restaurant when we reached this place but was disappointed.

After a morning of bak kut teh, buns and coffee, we continued our road trip down to Malacca.


I have been to Malacca so many times and I believe most Singaporeans do as it is the famous food haven in Malaysia. There is the Chicken ball rice, Assam and curry laksa, chendol, satay celup and many others.... Typically i just head straight to the chicken rice shop right at the start of Jonker street and slowly eat my way down. Chicken rice balls is the highlight and it's usually the appetizer since we eat it at the start.

Next one I would go to is the laksa and chendol stall. It has the best assam laksa I have ever had. And the chendol is also fantastic.

This is the chicken rice stall right at the start of Jonker street.


The sago with coconut and gula melaka                                        Assam Laksa




We had satay celup for tea.. It is simply dipping all kinds of food on a satay stick into the boiling satay...



We also spent some time walking around Malacca, time for us to digest our food.




The different thing about this trip was our Malaysian friends brought us to some dodgey streets to try the cockles. It was my first time. If you ask me to go again, I wouldn't be able to remember which lane was it. But i was a good experience and the cockles, clams and bbq squid was delicious!


Our last stop was the duck noodles which I don't I could remember where was the shop as well as the night was late and dark by then.

This was a fun time with my colleagues and I am grateful to my friends for bringing me around. This is a beautiful memory in my heart.


No comments: